#LeadSAVigilSilent Vigil at Constitution Hill
Tuesday 21st April 2015
7pm onwards, closing at 9pm
- Everyone is welcome to join
- It is a silent vigil, so there will be no speeches, entertainment or performances.
- There will be a short welcome to contextualize the event, a symbolic reading of the preamble to the constitution and the singing on the National Anthem.
- The public can join for as long as they want, up to 9pm.
- Parking will be available at the Constitution Hill public parking area. First come first served, spill over will be in the streets around Braamfontein.
- There is access for people with disabilities
- Children are welcome, provided they are supervised.
- Attendees can bring placards showing their messages.
- Please do not bring candles. A candlelight display has been arranged.
- We are not actively calling for donations of food and supplies for the victims who have been displaced. Many organisations are collecting goods for the victims, including Gift of the givers who can be reached on 0800 786 911.
- Buses are welcome to drop off attendees but no special bays have been set aside.
- Security will be in place and it includes support from SAPS and JMPD
- We urge companies, NGO’s etc to support the event. We already have support from Proudly SA, The Premier of Gauteng, Brand SA, 67 Blankets, TAC, Wits University, Rhema Church, Investec, Shout SA, JSE, Gauteng Community Police Board, the City of Joburg, Justice Project SA, Miss Earth and Future Leaders.