Marc Waller was nominated by Roland...
Benedict Mashile is a 28-year-old man...
The Western Cape LEAD SA Heroes...
The recent tragic event, where nine...
“When everyone turned a blind eye,...
The February Lead SA hero is...
MRS ASHRA NORTON is the Lead...
In a break from tradition, The...
Participating in sport teaches us how...
Gauteng’s Lead SA Hero for December...
Can you assist with any of our projects:
We are in need of a 2m – 4m Wendy house to be used as a clothing bank.
Donation tins – Halli Trust is currently busy spreading donation tins which will be kept at home for individuals to donate any small change in order to assist us in expanding our funds.
We need help with the counting of these donations. We also need to make more donation tins and hand it out.
Recycling project – We have a recycling project at WASTE IN STRAND
(28 Van Zyl Street, Strand, Cape Town) By donating old magazines, newspapers, copper, brass, aluminium, steel, stainless steel, glass and plastic bags you are contribution towards the Halli Trust account held at Namsa Waste enabling us to further our involvement in helping families and individuals in need.
We need people to go to Pubs and Restaurants and ask them to assist us with this project.
Normal donations – A “needs-list” is available. Any donations are welcome
(groceries, cleaning material, baby things, old or new clothes, shoes, school things and any toys).
On Volunteer day’s we also need help to sort out these donations and pack it in the different containers.
Smartie Town – Halli Trust has an ongoing project in expanding and renovating the little community hall. We want to make it sufficient and efficient for the community to improve. We are working towards a fully equipped kitchen, cutlery and crockery for 1000 people, 1000 chairs, enough tables, and containers to store educational toys. We plan to use the community hall for motivational and educational programs and functions.
Our aim is to have lots of different groups of people with different skills involved in Smartie Town to build-up the community.We need your support!
School clothes, shoes and stationery project – We collect the above mentioned to distribute in the community. Local branded school clothes will be distributed outside the Western Cape and unnamed clothes locally. This is an ongoing project that needs continuous support and assistance.
- Little Halli Brothers & Sisters – We can get soft toys form Classic Warehouse in Epping. The idea is to clothe them like Halli and use them to raise funds for school/individuals/organizations. We can contact the ladies that made clothes for the Build a Bears.
- Halli Calendar – Theo Naude from JMT Studio’s offered his services. This can be use as gifts/ fundraisers/donations for Halli Trust. Any other ideas???
- Recipe Book – We want a little recipe book with very affordable basic recipes. We can use this to help families/individuals with their budget- and menu planning.
- Ladies Fab Fun Afternoons – (A Saturday afternoon once a term) As “Sisters”, to have tea and something to eat together. We want to explain the happenings and projects of Halli Trust but also to just have fun together. “Laugh and cry together!”
- To go to Companies/organizations and ask for donations – To approach companies and ask if they could add us as their charity for the year. Any other form of exposure that we can get, any form of donations.
- Scarf’s Project – To knit scarf’s, we want enough to hand out to a school or large amount of kids.
- Employment Possibilities – Our aim with this is to have a guide ready to hand to an individual seeking employment. A guide to complete a CV. Where to do job hunting (District Mail, Gumtree, Career jet/indeed ect), possible contacts to phone (Cleaning services or Garden services ect), employment agencies (Mirand Corbet & Anderson ect), Education places to go to (Edu Babes, Domestic training ect). A full guide in seeking employment.
- Embroidery Project – This could be an opportunity to create handmade goods. And sell the goods at various places for an income. We need someone to run the project and to guide the ladies.
- Sweetie Project – We give sweeties every now and then. By having a cute inspiring sweetie given with love could make the day better for a little one.
- Toiletries Project – By rapping a bar of soap in a facecloth, or you can add any other toiletries to this little gift. We also use it in our Christmas gifts.
- Christmas Party Project – We do a Christmas Party every year and we still need to plan this year’s party. We would need help with the sweets, chips, gifts, cold drinks, food, stuff to do and the venue.
- Sweeties and Chippies or Fruit – To handout when we do visits vir Halli our Mascot!
- Dog food and old blankets – Surita will use it for her projects in Crossroads.
- Sport things (any balls or sports equipment) – Lots of kids do not have a ball to play with.This means the project is not up and running yet we need assistance.
Visit our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/hallitrust♦ End